Mexican Street Corn TostadasMay 4, 2017
Firecracker Black Bean DipMay 4, 2017
Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 1/2 pounds)
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoons cumin, garlic powder and smoked paprika
2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup of Mexican beer
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tomato, cut in wedges
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Juice of 1 lime
Corn of flour tortillas
Optional toppings: sliced bell peppers, avocado, diced onion, lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, garlic powder and paprika. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high-heat. Add beef, cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Remove to slow cooker.
- Pour broth and beer. Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 0 hours or HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 F. Combine bell pepper, tomato, onion and garlic on large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, toss to coat.
- Roast 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place vegetables, chipotle peppers, lime juice and remaining 1/4 salt in food processor or blender; blend until smooth.
- Remove beef to large cutting board; shred with two forks. Combine shredded beef and 1 cup cooking liquid in medium bowl; toss to coat. Discard remaining cooking liquid. Serve beef on tortillas with sauce and desired toppings.