Mexican Brewed Beef Enchiladas With LagerJanuary 12, 2016
11 Mistakes Every New Homebrewer MakesFebruary 15, 2016
Yields: 6 servings
1 cup Lager beer
3 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
48 large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
1 1/2 cups fresh or moist-packed unsweetened coconut
Canola oil for frying
2 cups orange marmalade
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3/4 tsp crushed red peeper flakes
Blend together dipping sauce ingredients
- For batter, combine eggs, beer, 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, flour, and baking powder. Blend well.
- Season shrimp with remaining seasoning. Dip the shrimp in beer batter and roll in coconut.
- Fry in oil heated to 350 degrees in a deep saucepan. Oil should be at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Drop shrimp, few at a time and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels