Summer Time Chili Steak with Hawaiian RiceJune 13, 2017
Summer Beer-mosaJune 25, 2017
There is a certain joy in eating meat on a stick. This recipe is simple to make, tasty, and most of all fun to eat.
Make 12 skewers
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups plain yogurt
1 3/4 cups peanut butter
3 tablespoon ground ginger
3 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
3 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Make the chicken: Slice each chicken breast into 4 strips. Thread the strips onto 10-inch skewers, using 2 strips per skewer and “pleating” the strips per skewer over and under the skewer.
- Combine soy sauce, vegetable oil, curry powder, and sugar in a shallow dish, and whisk to incorporate . Place the chicken skewers in the marinade. cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
- Make the sauce: Whisk the yogurt, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl until incorporated. Refrigerate until 1 hour before serving.
- Prepare a medium fire on a gas or charcoal grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discard the marinade, and grill the chicken skewers for 5 to 7 minutes. Cut into one to check for doneness. Do not overcook the chicken; the thin strips of meat will dry out quickly.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce on the side. Sauce is best served at room temperature.
Beer Pairing Suggestion:
Pair with a fruit beer that compliments the peanut and the sweet and salty spices